Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cell Phone Bills

I was recently reminded of a tip regarding cell phone bills that I feel is very important to share with you readers. Always, ALWAYS check through the bill and make sure there are no charges for things that are already included in your plan!

I worked as an administrative assistant for a large Edmonton business before I had kids, and my responsibilities included coordinating the cell phones for many of the employees there.  Every month, I went through the details of each bill and regularly saved the company over $100 on their bill. Most of the time, these charges were for long distance calls that should have already been included in the plan. 

Nothing frustrated me more than seeing extra charges for things that we had already paid for!  It was usually a hassle to get these charges turned around into credits, but a little time and perseverance goes a long way.  If you were wrong, and the charges are valid, you can always change your plan or avoid those charges in the future.

When dealing with the cell phone companies, it's best to stay calm but very firm about what you are asking about.  Do not take their word for it until it makes sense to you and you see clearly why you should pay for the charges.  I have spent hours on the phone with various cell phone companies and I know that at first, they seem to think you are completely clueless.  After all, how could they be the one who made the mistake?  If you are not getting through, immediately ask the representative to escalate your case to a manager or supervisor.

I don't believe that the cell companies are specifically out to get us, (though sometimes I wonder!) but people and computers do make mistakes. 

Check carefully through each cell phone bill to make sure that any additional charges are things that you actually need to pay for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?