Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bread prices

For a long time, I've gone to the Bread Basket for their 10 loaves for $10 special on day-old bread.  That's a real deal, seeing as you could often find good healthy bread and other specialty breads such as bagels and wraps, all for $1 each, as long as you bought 10 of them.  Unfortunately, they have raised their price to $12 for 10 loaves, so it does cost a wee bit more now.  It's still a fantastic deal though, if you can find the good bread.

In the past three weeks, I've been heading to Superstore for my bread!  Superstore sells 4 loaves of unsliced white or whole wheat bread for $3.89.  That's a pretty good deal for bread!  So I have to slice it... I can slice it if it means that I can save money!  Granted... when my husband slices the bread, we use a lot more because those slices are pretty big... but still!  :) 

When I was in Superstore the other day, I found the bag of 4 loaves on the 50% off shelf!  That's now 4 loaves for less than $2!  I always check their 50% off shelf, you never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?