Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The proof is in the pudding... or at least in the bill.

So awhile ago I mentioned that I may switch from Epcor to Enmax for our electricity.  I did that in December and eagerly awaited seeing our electricity bill!  Our normal bills through Epcor have been between $120 and $150 for the last year, and it went up to $170 in October.  When I saw the bill for $170, I nearly choked and decided to take the plunge! 

Enmax offers a NO CONTRACT plan, and at the time, I was able to lock in at a great rate!  I can switch from locked in prices to floating rates at any given time, and back to Epcor if I want to. There are no fees to switch around.  I figured it was worth a try! 

My December bill was kind of screwed up because there were charges from Epcor and Enmax, and it was all too confusing to tell if I had actually saved any money. 

I just got my bill for January... $80 for electricity!!!  YAY!!  We haven't had a bill that low for a couple of years! 

For the record, we also switched our natural gas to Enmax, but didn't take their locked in rate.  We are paying the same with Enmax as we would have with Direct Energy.  I watch the rates closely though, and will lock in at any time if it will save us money. 

Nope, I'm not being paid by Enmax to write this... (wouldn't that be lovely!!) I just wanted to share our newest savings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?