Saturday, June 5, 2010

Grocery Budget - Tip #1 (London Drugs)

As a mom with two small kids (both in diapers) it's very difficult to keep the grocery bill down!  My "grocery" items consist of everything from diapers and wipes to baby bottles, to household groceries, to food.  Pretty much anything that can be purchased at the grocery store is part of my grocery budget.

We currently are having difficulties getting our grocery costs down past $550, even though we'd like to budget for closer to $400 each month.

I posted an ad on a local buy/sell/free board, asking for any tips on couponing and other ways to save money for groceries.  I have learned so much, I've had at least 30 responses to my request, most of them offering excellent tips and amazing advice!  I will be compiling these responses very soon, but for today, I wanted to give you possibly the most valuable tip I've received so far.



London Drugs does coupon stacking!!  That means that if I gather all my Huggies coupons, I can put them all towards one box of diapers and get it for FAR cheaper than paying for discount diapers at Costco!  I had no idea!  People are getting things for free at London drugs simply by stacking coupons!

You can learn more about the ins and outs of London Drugs coupon stacking at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/71990-how-stack-coupons-london-drugs-beginners-guide-canada/


Before this, I was not aware of any stores that would allow more than one coupon on an item at a time.  This meant that most higher end things with a coupon were still more expensive than the store brand without a coupon.  But as I proudly cling to this new piece of advice, I shall attempt to get one free (or nearly free) item at London Drugs this month.  When I do, I'll let you know all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?