Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grocery Tip #4 - Make it yourself!

So one of the most recurring bits of advice I've received is to do my own cooking and baking!  I love to cook and bake, and I do most everything from scratch.  In fact, just as I sat down to write this, my oven timer went off and I had to get a couple loaves of fresh whole wheat bread out of the oven.  (I must take a moment to brag... I make the best bread ever, it comes out beautifully fluffy and soft.)

In the past two days I've done a lot of baking as the weather is unusually chilly right now.  I figured that I'd better get the freezers stocked before the summer really sets in and I feel too hot to bake.  I've done 2 doz apple-cinnamon rolls, cinnamon buns, 6 loaves whole wheat bread, puffed wheat squares, 2 doz bagels, and a bunch of granola, all in the last 2 days.

Here are some of my very favorite recipes!  (Click on the link to view the recipe)

Soft tortilla shells (they stay soft!) 
Bagels
Granola - I have changed this one to suit my family
Glazed Yeast Doughnuts
Potato Chips
Puffed Wheat Squares

That's just a few of the recipes I use regularly.  I never actually keep a recipe the same twice, I love to add bits of this and that, and change the amounts to be what looks good to me.  Things usually turn out, so that makes me happy!

What's your favorite recipe?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What about you?